If you're after challenging and interesting work with the opportunity to get involved in stimulating projects straight away, you'll enjoy what we have to offer.
Our pay rates are the same as you'd earn in the main cities but your expenses will be significantly lower - so you will be much better off.
You'll have a career-path. The skills and experience you get working 'hands on' for a smaller team will add gold to your CV. Our team will support your induction and you'll be introduced to our diverse and interesting clients pretty much from the get-go.
You'll have time for fun and life outside of work in a great outdoors region - Hawke's Bay.
Does this sound like you?
* Established, progressive Hawke's Bay Business. Excellent career development and progression opportunities
* Challenging and interesting projects. Lots of variety; a great opportunity to develop your engineering experience
* A positive environment working with an experienced and fun team
* Comparable salary rates to metropolitan centres
* Enjoy all the above with the benefits of living in Hawke's Bay, a region renowned for its award winning wineries, restaurants and cafes. Our climate is dry and temperate, ideal for beaches, BBQ's, and the pursuit of outdoor activities. Rents are low and traffic jams don't exist!
* Established, Hawke's Bay-based engineering consultancy
* Great team, interesting projects, variety and challenge
* Clear pathway to business equity for the right candidate
LHTDesign is a multidisciplinary engineering design business that has consistently won and delivered first class work all over New Zealand. From 1hA industrial builds to be-spoke lifesaving towers they have a proven track record in delivering innovative, well considered and cost effective solutions.
They are looking for an experienced structural engineer to join their team in Hastings. This is a key role for the business and the right person will take the lead in conceptual design, structural design, seismic analysis, and detailing for a range of projects to accepted New Zealand and LHTDesign standards.
If the right person is you then it goes without saying that by this stage in your career you will demonstrate a high level of technical competence, particularly in regard to NZ materials, methods and design codes. You will be BEng qualified with several years' relevant experience; CPEng would be an advantage.
This role presents one of the most exciting opportunities in regional New Zealand today. The chance to take the lead on stimulating projects, progress your career and enhance the reputation of a business such as LHTDesign does not come along often. What's more LHTDesign is looking for leaders and if you meet the brief then a clear pathway exists to ownership.
LHTDesign has a great team-oriented culture and you will be the type of person who will fit into, grow and in time help lead the team to new heights.
You may be in a large organisation and frustrated by the time taken to move to Partnership or ready to make the move out of the city but retain the quality of work that you do. Whatever your situation, if you are seeking to build your engineering career with a great team in this highly desirable lifestyle location, then we would love to hear from you!
LHTDesign are seeking to appoint a highly capable and suitably experienced individual to join the Hastings-based team in the position of Project Manager - Building Design. In this role you will take ownership of a range of building projects, managing these from inception through to completion, including client acceptance.
You will take a hands-on approach to managing relationships with customers, engaging with the design and technical staff (engineering and draughting teams), arranging site inspections, writing specifications and completing consent documentation all to ensure that construction projects are completed as intended.
In addition to the above, you will manage contract documentation, conduct and minute site meetings, monitor the progress of construction projects, as well as manage progress claims and payments. You'll be comfortable taking ownership of construction projects, seeing them through to successful completion.
Key skills, attributes and experience required for this role include:
· Understanding of the NZ Building Act, Building Code and relevant Standards
· Relevant experience with NZ building methods and construction processes
· Understanding of the building and resource consent process
· CAD skills would be advantageous
· Solid communication / relationship management skills
· Attention to detail / highly organised
· Able to direct and coordinate the work of others
· Take ownership / able to work autonomously
You may be an experienced individual with the relevant construction-industry knowledge to be successful in this role. Or, you may be a degree-qualified construction professional, with the desire to develop your knowledge and career with the team at LHTDesign. Either way, we would love to hear from you.
Managing the recruitment process for this key position is the team at Pipeline Recruitment.
Apply to email@example.com attaching your CV and cover letter, or for a confidential conversation please call Ian Beattie on 06 835 4550.